• Greeting (1-2)
• Praise for Spiritual Blessings (v3-14)
• Thanksgiving and Prayer (v15-23)
Praise for Spiritual Blessings in Christ
Brief review of the spiritual blessings of Christ from verse 3-10
Read verses 11-12 that discuss the purposes of being chosen in Christ.
• According to these verses, where do we put our hope? We put our hope in C__________.
• What do verses 11 and 12 say we might be? We might be for the P_________ of his G__________.
• What does it mean for us to be the praise of Christ’s glory?
Read verses 13-14 discussing the message of the gospel and our belief.
• Paul says we were included in Christ when we heard the message of truth. What is the message of truth? It is the G___________ of S___________.
• What is the importance of hearing the message of truth? Read Roman 10:8-9 and 14-15 and further reflect/discuss.
Thanksgiving and Prayer
Read verse 15-16 that talks about the faith of this community.
• What did Paul hear about the believers in Ephesus? Their F__________ in the L__________ J__________ and their L____________ for all of G__________ P__________
• The body in Christ was known for its faith. Paul heard of their faith. How could a church or body of Christians be known for its faith? How could Progressive be known for our faith? What does this look like?
• The body in Christ was known for its love for all God people. Paul heard of their love. How could a church or body of Christians be known for its love for all of God’s people? How could Progressive be known for our love for all God’s people? What does this look like?
• Paul gave great thanks for the believers in Ephesus because of their service. Reflect on whats it means that our service of faith and love causes others to be thankful.
Read verse 17 on Paul’s prayer that the believers in Ephesus might be equipped.
• What does Paul pray they receive? The S_________ of W__________ and R__________.
• Paul prays that God give believes in Ephesus the “spirit of wisdom and revelation.” Why do we need the spirit of wisdom and revelation on our Christian journey?
Read verses 18-21
• Paul prays that the eyes of our heart be enlightened. Why is it important that the eyes of our heart be enlightened? What will it help us to know?
• The H__________ to which he has called us
• The R__________ of his glorious I__________
• His incomparably G__________ P__________
• God has called us to a hope. Why is it important to know that we have been called to hope?
• What is the nature of God’s power for believers? Why is it important for us to know of this power?
Read 22-23 which closes on who Christ is. What do these verses say about who Christ is. Discuss/reflect